A few years ago, Sara and Joe (founders of Plant a Wish) crowd-funded a journey to hold native tree planting events with communities in all 50 states. Many people from around the country supported us with funds, food, places to stay, and of course we found lots of people who wanted to plant trees with us. The momentum began, and we were on our way.
We documented the whole thing.
Both filmmakers with extensive production experience, Joe and I brought our camera/sound gear along with us and documented the journey. We often had a shovel or a tree in one hand and a camera or tripod in the other. We planted trees many different types of places, with people of many different walks of life. Along the way, we witnessed beautiful things happening, met incredible people, and learned a lot about our beautiful country. In the end, we amassed over 200 hours of beautiful footage that has not been shared publicly….yet.
It’s time for us to take our 50-state tour experience and sculpt it into a film that can be shared far and wide.
We believe that sharing our journey with the world will have an even greater impact than the tour itself.
With your generous support, we’ll be able to:
- Hire the post-production team we need to finish the film and transform it into high quality documentary that does justice to all of the hard work we put in to make the tour happen.
- Tell the story far and wide using the power of documentary filmmaking and modern distribution methods.
- Inspire millions of people through the power of film. The potential for people to get inspired and plant trees is the most important part of this – we can literally change lives, communities, and the landscape with this story.
It is our dream to share this experience with the world, but we can’t do that without you.
Thanks to our fiscal sponsor, From the Heart Productions, we’re raising funds on Network for Good after a good run on Indiegogo.
In order to complete our documentary and share it with the world, we’ll need to raise a minimum of $36,000. Post-production is almost always the most expensive part of a film production, and we can make a great film if we can reach this fundraising goal. We can make an excellent film, if we surpass it.
The $28,000 covers the following*:
· Color Correction – $2,000
· Story Consulting – $3,000
· Additional Editing – $5,000
· Music Licensing/Score – $5,000
· Footage Licensing – $5,000
· Graphic & Packaging Design – $2,000
· Mastering & DVD Printing – $3,000
· Interactive Film Website – $3,000
· Film Festival Submissions – $3,000
Total needed: $36,000
*The numbers shown are approximations based on expert research and estimates we’ve received.