10. (Almost) Camping Under the “Tree That Owns Itself” (Athens, GA)
Our tent under the Tree That Owns Itself. We took it down that night in a lightning and tornado storm and found refuge in a friend's guest house nearby.
9. Witnessing the Largest Dam Removal in U.S. History (Olympic National Park, WA)
Click the image to watch the Dam come down. We planted the first tree of the Elwha River Restoration project, where the lake is being drained back into the Elwha River.
8. Standing on Kayford Mountain, West Virginia
Joe filming mountain top removal site on Kayford Mountain, home of Larry Gibson and the Keeper of the Mountains Foundation.
7. Airboats and Alligators in the Everglades (Florida)
We saw alligators galore and covered a lot of ground, thanks to Mack's Fish Camp.
6. Visit to Grove of Oldest Living Trees on Earth (Bishop, CA)
Trees in Methuselah Grove, Inyo National Forest, CA
5. Full Moon Canoe Trip down Mississippi River (Clarksdale, MS)
A canoe with a view. Thanks to John Ruskey and the Mighty Quawpaws!
4. Wolverine Sighting! (Lake Yellowstone, Wyoming)
Not our photo. Our night-time wolverine encounter was over in a flash, but the memory stays with us forever.
3. Meeting and Interviewing our Heroes
Dr. Cleve Backster, father of bio-communication research, just one of the many heroes we got to interview for the Plant a Wish film.
2. Earth Day at Four Corners Monument
We planted in all four states in one day and re-vegetated the Four Corners Monument: Earth Day 2011! (Thanks to Navajo Parks, Al Schneider & Four Corners Native Plant Society!)
1. The Tour Finale! (Hawaii)
Maui Mayor Alan Arakawa and his wife Ann joined us to plant the final tree, meanwhile over a thousand trees were planted through out the state on November 5th, the day of our finale!